Monday 18 March 2013

Target audience

I have decided to base my magazine upon Kerrang! after looking through several genres and make a heavy metal/rock based.
My target audience is aged around 16+ or anyone interested in the rock- metal genres. Females and male would both read this kind of magazine and the ethnicity would be towards white caucasians, although anyone could read it if the music style attracted them. Their socio economic group would probably be C1 or C2 as middle to upper class people wouldn't be drawn to it.
I have chosen this target audience as it is a popular genre being sold currently, as around 40,000 copies have been sold from previous research.
Image of a typical reader of my magazine. 

  1. Facial piercings. 
  2. Dark eye make up
  3. Maybe coloured hair. May be dyed black. 
  4. Caucasian, although not necessary. 
  5. Teenage around the age of 16, can be older. 

No comments:

Post a Comment