Friday 3 May 2013

Contents page

Looking back, I should have saved my process to get to this finish product but this what I did to get here. Firstly, I put my main image on the left hand side and added a little bit of black at the top of the page to create the illusion that the image finishes there, I did this because I wanted to follow the conventions of a Kerrang! magazine where they have this style but my image wasn't long enough. I then added the long red rectangle. As I wasn't able to put a rough edge on it, which is my house style, I added a second shape but with just the outline and placed it over top. In a typical Kerrang! magazine the line down the centre would be grey but I used red with a rough edge instead as I wanted to show a clear division. I then made the black text boxes, the red writing for the numbers and the articles in the magazine. I used an outline for the text around the editors section and made the competition section.  

No comments:

Post a Comment